One of the abilities that I've worked diligently to develop over the years is my ability to remember an assortment of quotes from a wide range of sources. I've spent years honing this craft, mostly when I was supposed to be writing a paper. Nevertheless, I feel a moral obligation to challenge you, my faithful readers, to pack your brains with trivial (and not so trivial!) quotes. Therefore, today I am submitting to you a short quiz. I will write out five statements from memory, and I invite you to take a crack at identifying each quote. Whoever correctly identifies all 5 first will receive a free audio copy of one of my recent sermons. (Yes, I do realize that I'm a cheap jerk.)
Please identify both the medium (film, book, tv, personal quote) and the title or speaker.
1. "Thrice he was offered the crown, and thrice he denied it. But Brutus has said he was ambitious, and Brutus is an honorable man."
2. "The reports of my death are extremely exaggerated."
3. "In sleep he sang to me; in dreams he came. That voice which calls for me and speaks my name."
4. "You sold my dead bird to a blind kid?"
5. "Who's never wrong, but always right? Who'd never dream of starting a fight? Who get's stuck with all the bad luck?