Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oops!

Ok, here is our account of one unforgettable wrong turn on our trip.  After our lunch in the Rhodes courtyard, we then headed out to the beach for a little nap.  (Pictures to come).

After a little bit, I woke up and started looking around.  About 30 yards away, something just caught my attention.  I noticed a rather rotund, shirt-less older person sitting down, talking to another senior.  I was still a little groggy from my nap, but something in my mind kept on going off.  Suddenly it hit me: the older dude was not a dude, but a lady!  I'd been looking at a topless, obese geriatric woman!!  "Ohh, my eyes!"

Needless to say, Rebekah and I got off that beach as fast as we could.  But the damage had already been done.  I will forever bear on my mind visual proof that topless beaches, regardless of what seventh-grade boys may think, are a BAD idea.

1 comment:

Shelly, OTA in training said...

Ha! That song is just wrong! But the story is funny. I too had the unfortunate experience of ending up on a beach with partially nude people in the south of France. Not something I care to experience again. I'm enjoying reading about your trip. Hearing about Greece brings back memories for me. You & Rebekah are making lasting memories. It's wonderful you are able to do so much together.